Monday 29 June 2009

Britain - a country where old men drive new convertibles

It is a beautiful, sunny, monday morning and I've been out driving my convertible and it amuses me to see that the other convertible drivers I passed, who had their hoods down, were all about my age and wearing baseball caps like me.

I would say that, on the basis that Britain has more convertibles than any other country in Europe, most of them here are driven by old boys like me.

Why do I say this ?

Facts:
1. Convertibles are expensive to buy.
2. Young people don't have much money and have a mortgage and kids.
3. Older people have a pension lump sum to spend, no mortgage and no kids.

Result :
One last indulgence for old men - the purchase of an open top car to be enjoyed in our increasingly warm British summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment